STEP is a borough-wide partnership linking the theatre community and education and youth sector in the London Borough of Southwark.
STEP aims to support children and young people to achieve their full potential by bringing together the best in arts and education practice to deliver innovative projects that foster creative learning, build educational attainment and that stimulate personal, social and creative development.
- To broker and support developmental partnerships between schools, youth provision and theatres and performing arts organisations
- To facilitate the development and delivery of strategically important arts education projects or programmes in association with local or national partners
- To advocate for and support understanding of the ways in which the performing arts contribute to learning and the curriculum
- To advocate for, and promote the best in contemporary arts education practice within and beyond Southwark
- To support opportunities for professional development, skills sharing and networking across the performing arts and education sectors
- To support opportunities for children and young people to experience and enjoy the performing arts for their intrinsic value
STEP Patrons: Sir Deian Hopkin, Bola Agbaje, Riz Ahmed, Michael Billington