The Southwark Costume and Artefacts Service (SCAS) is a non-profit making business. Any profit made is used to make more costumes that have a high demand. We are a dynamic service that provides schools and teachers with the resources that they need to assist their teaching. The Service operates in a more cost-effective way than the previous ELS Service, thereby reducing costs. Hence the limited, term only opening times and collection only of costumes and artefacts.
To ensure the most effective use of the service, we ask you to:
- Ring prior to your visit to check availability and to book costumes and artefacts, to minimise waiting times
The SCAS Manager will endeavour to prepare the costumes and artefacts you require prior to your visit.
The Service will run as a Project Loan Service where:
- a priority loan request can be placed
- we aim for an even distribution of costumes and artefacts throughout the borough’s schools
- costumes will be loaned out on a weekly or 3 weekly basis (to fit with units of work)
- artefacts will be loaned out on a 3 weekly basis
Until we know the demand for the costumes and artefacts, we are unable to assess how many loans a school can have per annum. Our main objective is to have the collection used as much as possible.
Terms and Conditions
- If items are not returned on time, no further artefacts or costumes will be loaned out to the school until the late items are returned.
Please find a printable version of all SCAS Terms and Conditions of Service here